1.“Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives”. Viktor Frankl
2. “Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbour he is making for, no wind is the right wind”. Seneca
3. “Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ballpark. Aim for the company of immortals”. David Ogilvy
4. “Our goals can only be reached by a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success”. Pablo Picasso
5. “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable”. Thomas Fowell Buxton
6. “The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it”. Michelangelo
7. “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it”. Winston Churchill
8. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better”. Samuel Beckett
9. “First say to yourself what you want to be; and then do what you have to do”. Epictetus
10. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall”. Confucius
You may also find this blog post useful: 5 essential goal-setting tips.
Dawn is the author of ‘How to be Zoomly at work’, available on Amazon.